Skip to main content

Forgotten Me: My Small Town Stand Against Big Government Intrusion.

I was digging through some old newspaper archives and thought it might be interesting from time to time to visit some causes I have stood for and my willingness to fight for them. I'm going to post them from time to time and entitle the series "Forgotten Me".

"Groups outside political mainstream united in anger at Missouri's militia report"

This was the headline for a story published in the Southeast Missourian newspaper, written by Rudy Keller and published on April 15, 2009.

The gist of the story is was individuals that could be considered "radical" by the government in 2009. According to the article:

"The Missouri Information Analysis Center on Feb. 20 issued a report, brought to public light in late March, indicating law enforcement should be aware that supporters of the Libertarian Party, the Constitution Party, Republican Rep. Ron Paul's presidential campaign of 2008, the pro-life movement and those who oppose illegal immigration may be part of the militia movement."

I became one of several subjects in the article after being contacted by Mr. Keller...

"In Marble Hill, Ward 1 Alderman Clint Lacy, who uses the moniker "Missouri Bushwhacker" on his blog, calls himself a believer in Jeffersonian democracy. A proud supporter of Confederate heritage, he said he's upset with the direction of the country but doesn't blame any particular party.

"Obama scares me because he has indicated he wants very strict gun control," Lacy said. "But what everybody forgets is that if there had not been a George Bush, there would not be a Barack Obama."

To counteract the effect of the report, Lacy proposed at this week's board of aldermen meeting that Marble Hill police be instructed to avoid political profiling."

What I meant by the Bush / Obama reference was the intrusive laws enacted following the 9-11 attacks in 2001. These laws were ostensibly passed to protect the "homeland" of America but were later used by the Obama administration to spy on Americans who did not conform to his political ideology.

By the way, the ordinance I proposed to prohibit the police from politically profiling citizens passed. Gleaned from my April 13, 2009 notes as an alderman are the details:

"I submitted a model ordinance that I had found on the Missouri Municipal League website which I slightly modified to prohibit the act of “political profiling” in the City of Marble Hill.

I stated to my fellow aldermen that this is important to pass because the recent MIAC report singled out “radical Christians, those that opposed abortion as well as those that opposed illegal-immigration.

I reminded my fellow Board members that we had all taken an Oath of Office to uphold the Constitution of the State of Missouri and the Constitution of the United States of America and told them I would very much appreciate their support regarding this resolution and that we all hold different political beliefs and have different political ideals, but part of upholding the Constitution was to uphold the First Amendment.

City Attorney Stephen Gray stated that the majority of the model ordinance regarding traffic stops and frisking is already contained in the City’s police manuals and suggested that I could make a motion for the City to issue a Resolution that contained the language I had included in the model ordinance which prohibited “political profiling” which stated:

“Enforcement decisions will not be based solely on known political affiliations, political beliefs or political symbols (such stickers); unless the officer is seeking an individual with one or more of those identified attributes.”

The motion was seconded by Alderman James Sear and unanimously approved.

I then informed my fellow Aldermen that I greatly appreciated their support in this matter.

I want to emphasize that despite our differences it really makes me proud that they offered their support to this measure. I again want to thank them, for upholding their Constitutional Oaths and the Constitutional rights of the Citizens of Marble Hill. "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake News and False Information On Mississippi Scalawag Flag Proposal

WREG News Channel 3 (Memphis , Tennessee) is reporting : Photo credit: WREG News 3 "Laurin Stennis’ flag design has gained so much popularity that even those who order the flag want her autograph. She matched the colors exactly to the United States flag. “I think those are wonderful colors and the symbolism is meaningful, but also this is a strong standalone but when you pair it with the United States flag they make a handsome couple,” said Stennis. Nineteen stars circle around a large star, which represents Mississippi as the 20th state to join the Union in 1817. The large star is called Bonnie Blue. Stennis had some help producing the flags with Complete Flag Source. To date, well over 2,000 Stennis flags have been sold." According to the report Stennis' asks: "Is our logo doing it’s job? I would argue absolutely not because every time it comes up we fight about and we get tense.” Okay, where to start? WREG reports that the flag is

Clint Talks "Truthseeker's" on the Brian Ruhe Show

Oklahoma Veteran Arrested for Defending Himself Against Alleged Meth- Maker

U.S. Army Veteran and Private Investigator Edwin Turlington. On the evening of April 14, 2014 Edwin Turlington, a U.S. Army Veteran and Private Investigator who lives in Delaware County, Oklahoma noticed two men starting a fire on adjacent property owned by his brother. Ed tells me, "When I purchased the property it was land locked so my brother purchased the property next to it so I would not have to get an easement." The incident has placed Mr. Turlington in a four year legal battle and facing a 10 year sentence if convicted. Mr. Turlington states he: "Found three strangers, including convicted drug dealer Darrell Philpott cooking Meth on land his brother recently contracted for and already acquired the right to possess. Relying on his law enforcement training and experience, Ed realized the men had taken the  license plates off their truck, which is a significant indicator they were going out into the community with bad intentions. Ed executed a citizen