Skip to main content

To the People of Branson: The Eastern Ozarks Stand with You

I just wanted to publish a quick post about the tragedy that took place on Table Rock Lake on Thursday night. An amphibious "Ride the Ducks" vehicle was caught in a storm and did not make it back to shore. The last figures I saw were that 17 people perished during this accident (nine of which were of the same family). I have rode the "Ducks" when my children were young and it's hard to imagine losing a loved one in such an accident.

For the past several years I have worked with online and traditional printed publications as a free-lance author. One of those publications is a weekly online magazine entitled "State of the Ozarks", based out of Hollister, Missouri.

I live in the Eastern Ozark foothills of Southeast Missouri and SOTO has been a tremendous help in trying to promote the lesser known Eastern Ozarks where I live. The magazine's editor Joshua Heston can only be described as having a heart of gold. He is a good man and a good friend.

I would like to share a video published by Mr. Heston and Dale Grubaugh (the magazine's publisher). These gentlemen have a heartfelt message to share about the tragedy and I join them in asking the public to refrain from "finger pointing" in regards to who is at fault. As Mr. Grubaugh stated there will be time for that later, right now is a time for healing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How We Got Here , What Can We Do?

 For as long as I can remember both the Republican and Democratic parties have had their fair share of Lincoln defenders. The Republican Party was founded with the election of Abraham Lincoln thus Lincoln has been the party's trademark so to speak. The problem with this is that the Republican Party, presents itself as the party of smaller government, states rights and defenders of the Constitution and freedom. It is a problem because Lincoln was a proponent of big government, and committed acts that violated the Constitution. Ah, but defenders of Lincoln proclaim that President Lincoln had  to violate the Constitution to "save the Union." This defense of Lincoln by the Republican party has been effective from the end of the War Between the States until November , 2020 At the time of America's "Civil War" one could describe the Republicans as the Liberals and the Democrats as the Conservatives. This began to change with the election of President Franklin D. R...

Oklahoma Veteran Arrested for Defending Himself Against Alleged Meth- Maker

U.S. Army Veteran and Private Investigator Edwin Turlington. On the evening of April 14, 2014 Edwin Turlington, a U.S. Army Veteran and Private Investigator who lives in Delaware County, Oklahoma noticed two men starting a fire on adjacent property owned by his brother. Ed tells me, "When I purchased the property it was land locked so my brother purchased the property next to it so I would not have to get an easement." The incident has placed Mr. Turlington in a four year legal battle and facing a 10 year sentence if convicted. Mr. Turlington states he: "Found three strangers, including convicted drug dealer Darrell Philpott cooking Meth on land his brother recently contracted for and already acquired the right to possess. Relying on his law enforcement training and experience, Ed realized the men had taken the  license plates off their truck, which is a significant indicator they were going out into the community with bad intentions. Ed executed a citizen...

An Open Letter to Cape Girardeau Missouri Mayor Bob Fox Regarding the City's Confederate Monument

An Open Letter to Cape Girardeau Mayor Bob Fox, Cape Girardeau, Missouri Dear Mayor Fox, On June 12, 2020 KFVS-12 news interviewed a “community activist” who created a petition calling for the removal of a memorial honoring Southeast Missouri’s Confederate soldiers. In the interview Sophia Voss made a baseless claim that the statue was originally erected in 1931 near the old Mississippi River bridge on Morgan Oak street as a warning to African-American citizens traveling through the area. There is no basis for that claim whatsoever. KFVS also interviewed “community historian” Denise Lincoln who stated, “I think that if I were African-American, bringing my family through this area, and the first thing I saw was CSA, a monument to the Confederacy, this might be a town you just keep driving through.” I can’t help but feel that Mrs. Lincoln lacks professionalism and objectivity. If I were an African-American traveling through Cape Girardeau the first thing I would notice is the depleted co...